True Detective season 2 cast: Jessica Chastain reportedly offered lead role
Actress has yet to accept supposed offer
Zero Dark Thirty actress Jessica Chastain has been linked with True Detective season 2, following rumours series creator Nic Pizzolatto is looking for a female duo to front the next series.
Everyone from Brad Pitt to Ellen Page and (as the internet joked) the cat from Inside Llewyn Davis have been tipped to replace Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in the critically-acclaimed HBO show, which is set to return in 2015.
Now the Nerdist claims that, according to sources, Chastain has been offered a lead role but has yet to accept, with representatives for the actress declining to comment.
She surely would be delighted to however, pending scheduling arrangements, given it is one of the hottest jobs in Hollywood right now.
Pizzolato reportedly recently told The Wrap that season 2's plot might not be a murder mystery but see the detectives chasing an elusive criminal instead.
There would no doubt still be murder and death along the way, but this suggests the case might not be murder-centric this time around.
He added in an interview with HitFix that the new season is about "bad men, hard women and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system."
Broadcaster unveils Christmas scheduleTV
Jeff Fletcher found fame in 1990s
'At times I thought he was me'film
Review: One Direction, Fourmusic
Review: The World of Ice and Firebooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict