Wossy the matter? Jonathan Ross signs further chat show deal with ITV
Monday 22 July 2013
Presenter Jonathan Ross has signed a further deal with ITV to extend his chat show on the station until the end of next year.
The 52-year-old will front a ten-programme series later this year and two more runs of the Saturday show in 2014
He joined the channel after bowing out of his deal with the BBC in the wake of the Sachsgate controversy, which erupted after he and Russell Brand left a series of smutty messages on actor Andrew Sachs's answerphone during the recording of a Radio 2 show.
This year his guests have included the likes of Sir David Attenborough, Danny Boyle, Carla Bruni, Sir Ian McKellen, Justin Timberlake and Nicole Scherzinger.
ITV's commissioning editor for comedy entertainment Claire Zolkwer said: "Jonathan Ross is a firm part of Saturday nights on ITV, and we're delighted that he will be returning again in 2014, with more great guests, live music, and one on one interviews."
At the weekend Brand described Sachsgate as a "dishonest scandal" which blew up because of a bias against the BBC. In an interview for Desert Island Discs he said the incident had been exploited by parts of the media which wanted to "attack and diminish the BBC".
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >