Wossy the matter? Jonathan Ross signs further chat show deal with ITV
Monday 22 July 2013
Presenter Jonathan Ross has signed a further deal with ITV to extend his chat show on the station until the end of next year.
The 52-year-old will front a ten-programme series later this year and two more runs of the Saturday show in 2014
He joined the channel after bowing out of his deal with the BBC in the wake of the Sachsgate controversy, which erupted after he and Russell Brand left a series of smutty messages on actor Andrew Sachs's answerphone during the recording of a Radio 2 show.
This year his guests have included the likes of Sir David Attenborough, Danny Boyle, Carla Bruni, Sir Ian McKellen, Justin Timberlake and Nicole Scherzinger.
ITV's commissioning editor for comedy entertainment Claire Zolkwer said: "Jonathan Ross is a firm part of Saturday nights on ITV, and we're delighted that he will be returning again in 2014, with more great guests, live music, and one on one interviews."
At the weekend Brand described Sachsgate as a "dishonest scandal" which blew up because of a bias against the BBC. In an interview for Desert Island Discs he said the incident had been exploited by parts of the media which wanted to "attack and diminish the BBC".
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Back in Black (Sabbath): On the comeback trail with Ozzy Osbourne and crew
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >