X Factor tattoo faces ban
Tuesday 22 November 2011
Ofcom is investigating complaints that The X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos uses an arm gesture – in which she exposes a tattoo reading "The Female Boss" – to promote unfairly her own perfume, which bears that name. The N-Dubz singer regularly flashes the tattoo at the start of the ITV programme.
The media watchdog is investigating whether the gesture contravenes broadcasting rules.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >