DVD: In Treatment: Season One, For retail (Warner)
Sunday 31 January 2010
A masterclass of acting and therapy that's not The Sopranos?
That'll be this HBO gem starring Gabriel Byrne. Aired on TV over consecutive weeknights, one for each client, the drama and tension build as Byrne's own life collides with that of a number of his patients.
Will Alex go back to the army? Does Sophie have what it takes to become a successful athlete? Can Amy and Jake ever stop bickering? All is gloriously resolved, though you may need a shrink to get over it.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile