Scorsese and Jagger partner for 'History of Music'
Tuesday 27 July 2010
Two buddies in the music business for over 40 years together, from early R&B days through to hip hop - that's the premise of Mick Jagger's idea for a TV show tentatively titled
History of Music. The Rolling Stones singer and director Martin Scorsese are in talks with HBO about the series.
Scorsese will direct the pilot and screenwriter Terence Winter (The Sopranos) will script the "Rock and Roll Drama," according to Hollywood blog Deadline. The idea for History of Music was previously at Disney and then Paramount where Scorcese was set to direct a film version.
Scorsese and Winter have worked together on the 1930s gangster series Boardwalk Empire that Michael Shannon ( Revolutionary Road) and Steve Buscemi ( The Messenger) based on Nelson Johnson's book, Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City. It debuts September 19.
Jagger and Scorsese teamed up previously for the Rolling Stones documentary Shine a Light in 2008.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Meet the contestants
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Doctor Who series 8: Ofcom will not investigate lesbian kiss
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >