'Sex and the City' prequel coming to the small screen
Tuesday 13 September 2011
Hollywood news site
Deadline is reporting that
The Carrie Diaries will be adapted for TV by
Gossip Girl producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage and penned by
Sex and the City writer and producer Amy Harris.
The Carrie Diaries is a prequel by Candace Bushnell to her immensely successful Sex and the City series and follows its protagonist Carrie Bradshaw through the senior year of high school in a small New England town.
Because of its younger target audience, the TV adaptation of the book is not coming to Sex and the City's HBO network, but to the CW, reports Deadline.
Neither SATC's creator Darren Star nor Carrie impersonator Sarah Jessica Parker are on board for the moment.
Music Why this music festival is still the place to spot the next big thing
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest