'Sex and the City' prequel coming to the small screen
Tuesday 13 September 2011
Hollywood news site
Deadline is reporting that
The Carrie Diaries will be adapted for TV by
Gossip Girl producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage and penned by
Sex and the City writer and producer Amy Harris.
The Carrie Diaries is a prequel by Candace Bushnell to her immensely successful Sex and the City series and follows its protagonist Carrie Bradshaw through the senior year of high school in a small New England town.
Because of its younger target audience, the TV adaptation of the book is not coming to Sex and the City's HBO network, but to the CW, reports Deadline.
Neither SATC's creator Darren Star nor Carrie impersonator Sarah Jessica Parker are on board for the moment.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God