Watch video of space shuttle Endeavour landing
Wednesday 01 June 2011
The American space shuttle Endeavour completed its final flight on June 1, 2011. Footage of the space shuttle's safe landing at the Kennedy Space Center has been made available for members of the public to watch on line by NASA.
The space shuttle landed at 2:35am EST. Watch the landing on NASA's site at http://1.usa.gov/iN3BWF.
The crew's final mission was delivering the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer' to the international space station. Over the course of the space shuttle's lifetime Endeavour orbited the Earth 4,671 times and traveled a total distance of 122,883,151 miles (197,761,262 km).
On the video the ground crew at the Kennedy Space Center can be heard welcoming the astronauts and the shuttle home with the words "122 million miles flown during 25 challenging space flights. Your landing ends a vibrant legacy for this vehicle that will long be remembered. Welcome home, Endeavour."
Art Piece taken off website amid 'severe security alert'
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Academy criticised after no non-white actors nominated
tvAn expose of hooliganism masquerading as an ideological battle
artLee Hadwin can't draw when he's awake, but by night he's an artist
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
30,000 reasons why the rhetoric on immigrants claiming benefits can stop now