Watch video of space shuttle Endeavour landing
Wednesday 01 June 2011
The American space shuttle Endeavour completed its final flight on June 1, 2011. Footage of the space shuttle's safe landing at the Kennedy Space Center has been made available for members of the public to watch on line by NASA.
The space shuttle landed at 2:35am EST. Watch the landing on NASA's site at http://1.usa.gov/iN3BWF.
The crew's final mission was delivering the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer' to the international space station. Over the course of the space shuttle's lifetime Endeavour orbited the Earth 4,671 times and traveled a total distance of 122,883,151 miles (197,761,262 km).
On the video the ground crew at the Kennedy Space Center can be heard welcoming the astronauts and the shuttle home with the words "122 million miles flown during 25 challenging space flights. Your landing ends a vibrant legacy for this vehicle that will long be remembered. Welcome home, Endeavour."
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
Britain's Got Talent 2015: RSPCA investigating Marc Metral's miming dog after cruelty complaints
Star Wars 7: George Lucas admits he hasn't seen The Force Awakens trailer
Star Wars: Rogue One trailer: Watch the teaser for the Jedi-less Death Star heist film
Avengers Age of Ultron: 'After credits' scene leaks online days before public release
Groundhog Day musical to premiere at Old Vic from Matilda theatre director
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate