United Artists at 90 Short Film Competition
Directed by Michael Caton-Jones
Monday 31 March 2008
Rob Roy (1995). The true story of Robert Roy MacGregor (16711734), a hero of 18th Century Scotland, whose love for one woman gave him honour, courage and, ultimately, his life. The leader and provider for the entire MacGregor clan, Rob Roy arranges to borrow money from the Marquis of Montrose to help them survive the harsh Highland winter. However, his trust in less honourable men makes him a pawn in a ruthless plot.
Alan Sharp (screenplay)
Liam Neeson... Robert Roy MacGregor
Jessica Lange... Mary MacGregor
John Hurt... John Graham, Marquis of Montrose
Tim Roth... Archibald Cunningham
Eric Stoltz... Alan MacDonald
Andrew Keir... Duke of Argyll
Brian Cox... Killearn
Brian McCardie... Alasdair McGregor
Gilbert Martin... Will Guthrie
Vicki Masson... Betty
Gilly Gilchrist... Iain
Jason Flemyng... Gregor
Ewan Stewart... Coll
David Hayman... Sibbald
Brian McArthur... Ranald McGregor
- The Duke of Arygll was first offered to Sean Connery
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria