United Artists at 90 Short Film Competition
Directed by Blake Edwards
Wednesday 19 March 2008
The party (1968) An Indian actor screws up royally during the filming of a costume epic. When the 'Fire this guy' list gets confused with the studio head's guest list for a party, he appears there and everyone assumes he must belong. A great many sight gags and misunderstanding gags are played out at the party where the rest of the film takes place.
Blake Edwards (story)
Blake Edwards (screenplay)
Peter Sellers... Rhonda V. Bakshi
Claudine Longet... Michele Monet
Natalia Borisova... Ballerina
Jean Carson... Nanny
Marge Champion... Rosalind Dunphy
Al Checco... Bernard Stein
Corinne Cole... Janice Kane
Dick Crockett... Wells
Frances Davis... Maid
Danielle De Metz... Stella D'Angelo (as Danielle de Metz)
Herbert Ellis... Director (as Herb Ellis)
Paul Ferrara... Ronnie Smith
Steve Franken... Levinson
Kathe Green... Molly Clutterbuck
Allen Jung... Cook
- The films interiors were shot on a set, at the MGM lot.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
X Factor hopeful Mason Noise: 'How is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini in the music business, let alone a judge on the show?'
Trevor Noah, Edinburgh Fringe review: New Daily Show host warms up in inspired style
X Factor 2015: Ratings drop almost 2 million compared to last year's launch show
VMAs 2015: Kanye West runs for president, Nicki Minaj calls out Miley Cyrus and the list of winners in full
VMAs 2015: Taylor Swift and her buddy Kendrick Lamar clean-up at awards - full list of winners
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up