United Artists at 90 Short Film Competition
What's New Pussycat
Directed by Clive Donner
Monday 31 March 2008
What’s New Pussycat (1965) Michael James, a notorious womanizer, desperately wants to be faithful to his fiancée Carole, but runs into serious problems since every woman he meets seems to fall in love with him. His psychoanalyst Dr. Fassbender can't help him either since he's busy courting one of his patients who in turn longs for Michael. A catastrophe appears on the horizon as all the characters check into the Chateau Chantelle hotel for the weekend not knowing of each other's presence.
Woody Allen (original screenplay)
Peter Sellers... Dr. Fritz Fassbender
Peter O'Toole... Michael James (as Peter O'toole)
Romy Schneider... Carole
Paula Prentiss... Liz
Woody Allen... Victor
Ursula Andress... Rita
Eddra Gale... Anna Fassbender (as Edra Gale)
Katrin Schaake... Jacqueline
Eléonore Hirt... Mrs. Werner (as Eleonor Hirt)
Jean Parédès... Marcel (as Jean Paredes)
Jacques Balutin... Etienne
Jess Hahn... Mr. Werner
Howard Vernon... Doctor
Michel Subor... Philippe
- Richard Burton appears in a cameo with 'Peter O'Toole in a scene in a bar where Buton asks O'Toole "Don't you know me from someplace?" and O'Toole responds "Give my regards to what's her name." The dialogue is a reference to their appearance together in Becket (1964) and to Burton's wife at the time, Elizabeth Taylor. Screenwriter Woody Allen later said of the Burton cameo, "It was so cute, you want to vomit."
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'