VISUAL ART: CHOICE
Sunday 28 November 1999
WC2 (0171 747 2885) to 16 Jan
Major exhibition which includes Botticelli and Leonardo da Vinci.
SW1 (0171 887 8000) to 6 Feb
Will it be Emin, McQueen, Pippin or the Wilsons? Winner announced Tues.
WHITECHAPEL ART GALLERY
E1 (0171 522 7878) to 23 Jan
Five year review of his glossy paintings.
OPENING THIS WEEK
EILEEN AGAR 1899-1991
SCOTTISH NATIONAL GALLERY OF MODERN ART
(0131 624 6200) Wed to 27 Feb
Retrospective of leading British surrealist.
THE STORY OF TIME
SE10 (0181 312 6575)
Wed to 24 Sept 2000
300 objects question our perception of time.
ANTHONY WILKINSON GALLERY E2 (0181 980 2662) Thurs to 16 Jan
Quirky surreal drawings,
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
James Blunt finally admits the truth: 'You're Beautiful' is annoying
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Batman v Superman: Side-kick Robin to be 'woman played by Jena Malone'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments