VISUAL ART: CHOICE
Sunday 28 November 1999
WC2 (0171 747 2885) to 16 Jan
Major exhibition which includes Botticelli and Leonardo da Vinci.
SW1 (0171 887 8000) to 6 Feb
Will it be Emin, McQueen, Pippin or the Wilsons? Winner announced Tues.
WHITECHAPEL ART GALLERY
E1 (0171 522 7878) to 23 Jan
Five year review of his glossy paintings.
OPENING THIS WEEK
EILEEN AGAR 1899-1991
SCOTTISH NATIONAL GALLERY OF MODERN ART
(0131 624 6200) Wed to 27 Feb
Retrospective of leading British surrealist.
THE STORY OF TIME
SE10 (0181 312 6575)
Wed to 24 Sept 2000
300 objects question our perception of time.
ANTHONY WILKINSON GALLERY E2 (0181 980 2662) Thurs to 16 Jan
Quirky surreal drawings,
Art Piece taken off website amid 'severe security alert'
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Academy criticised after no non-white actors nominated
tvAn expose of hooliganism masquerading as an ideological battle
artLee Hadwin can't draw when he's awake, but by night he's an artist
‘Remember the attackers are a cold-blooded, crazy minority’, says Blek le Rat
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd