WEBSITES OF THE WEEK
Saturday 12 June 1999
Surf's up (below)! Or is it? It's wave-riding time and even if the domestic beaches featured here, Fistral and Perranporth, are the proverbial mill ponds, Surfstation's cameras positioned over the finest beaches of Hawaii, Australia and South Africa show where the spume is really flying.
Microsoft's attempts to club the Internet into submission have ensured Bill Gates a less than cosy on-line welcome. If you're in any doubt as to why, Philip Greenspun's site is a handy primer. Bitchy and obsessive, it's a no-holds barred attack and includes the "Bill Gates Personal Wealth Clock".
Arts & Ents blogs
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >