World, shut your mouth
Live and Uncut
Friday 28 April 1995
Admiration, however, or indeed cooperation, is not always what the man gets. Devotees of the last series will cherish fond memories of the time when the presenter's face was replaced by a burst of hard-core continental porn. This was not the work of one of the TV pirate stations but was apparently a prank played by disgruntled techies.
Even without the disasters, Live and Uncut remains a great watch, mainly because of the production team's ability to set up essentially comic figures who haven't realised that that is what they are. Hence ugly old git Peter Stringfellow defending a ban on fat women in his tacky nightclubs and - top TV moment of last year - Vinnie Jones launching his pop career with a rendition of "Honky Tonk Women" in which not one note was on key. This week: Tim Rice and Eve Pollard.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Strictly Come Dancing v X Factor: Simon Cowell blasts BBC over scheduling war
Doctor Who series 8: Ofcom will not investigate lesbian kiss
Burning Man Festival 2014: Thousands gather in Nevada's Black Rock Desert a day late after rain postponed official start
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >