X-Treme: Three places to try rock climbing
Saturday 21 November 1998
Greens Lane, Stoke Newington, London N4 (0181-211 700). Prices for registered adults pounds 6 or pounds 3.50 students/UB40/children. A C4 Improvers Course is pounds 99. The four-week course includes beginners safety procedures, belaying and harness attachment, through to advanced boulder techniques and customised personal training programmes.
The National Mountain Centre
Capel Curig, Gwynedd, Wales (01690 720 280). Offering residential rock climbing, abseiling and indoor wall-climbing courses. A five-day beginners course is available, but the centre is aimed at serious climbers wanting to improve. Courses range in price from pounds 165 to pounds 365, one-day clinics are available from pounds 30.
Dartmoor Expedition Centre
Rowden, Widecombe in the Moor, Newton Abbot (01364 621 249).Group bookings are available for every level of experience. Climbing also is available as part of a multi-activity package. A six-day rock-climbing course will set you back pounds 200 and includes equipment and full-board accommodation.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
- < Previous
- Next >