A C Grayling
A. C. Grayling is an English philosopher and founder of independent undergraduate college, New College of the Humanities. He is the author of several books including The Refutation of Scepticism (1985), The Meaning of Things (2001) and The Good Book (2011).
28 June 2013 06:07 PM
This announcement should have been made with a great fanfare; it gives hope to the childless and only reactionary moralists could find reason to oppose it
24 May 2013 05:26 PM
The Woolwich killers were certain that faith supported their actions
09 April 2013 07:05 PM
Let us say what we think, and be frank about it: death does not confer privilege
20 February 2013 04:42 PM
Young minds are primed by nature to believe most of what adults tell them to believe. They should be treated with respect, not twisted into shapes that conform with dogma
17 February 2013 12:00 AM
A writer who won an award for the brutality of one of her reviews cited her obligation to be honest. Should we all live by such standards?
16 December 2012 12:00 AM
The Mayans are staking their credibility in forecasting the planet's last day. Why doesn't the near certainty of humiliation deter the doomsayers?
01 October 2000 12:00 AM
31 January 1999 12:02 AM
06 December 1998 12:02 AM
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'