A C Grayling
A. C. Grayling is an English philosopher and founder of independent undergraduate college, New College of the Humanities. He is the author of several books including The Refutation of Scepticism (1985), The Meaning of Things (2001) and The Good Book (2011).
28 June 2013 06:07 PM
This announcement should have been made with a great fanfare; it gives hope to the childless and only reactionary moralists could find reason to oppose it
24 May 2013 05:26 PM
The Woolwich killers were certain that faith supported their actions
09 April 2013 07:05 PM
Let us say what we think, and be frank about it: death does not confer privilege
20 February 2013 04:42 PM
Young minds are primed by nature to believe most of what adults tell them to believe. They should be treated with respect, not twisted into shapes that conform with dogma
17 February 2013 12:00 AM
A writer who won an award for the brutality of one of her reviews cited her obligation to be honest. Should we all live by such standards?
16 December 2012 12:00 AM
The Mayans are staking their credibility in forecasting the planet's last day. Why doesn't the near certainty of humiliation deter the doomsayers?
01 October 2000 12:00 AM
31 January 1999 12:02 AM
06 December 1998 12:02 AM
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness