Adam McGibbon is an activist living in London and working in the third sector. He writes for various blogs on adventures in environmentalism, trade unionism, tenant's rights and the contested nationality and identity of his native Belfast. He is a former Vice President of Queen's University Belfast Students' Union and was a key organiser in the successful campaign to stop tuition fee increases and education cuts in Northern Ireland
18 February 2013 04:46 PM
The Rent Restriction Act of 1915, the Homeless Person's Act of 1977; collective action has a long history of forcing action on housing
04 February 2013 04:09 PM
The Sierra Club, America's oldest conservation group, has announced they support civil disobedience in the fight against climate change. We should step up
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond