01 September 2013 12:00 AM
A celebration of the life and work of the Nobel laureate, who died in Ireland last week
26 September 1998 12:02 AM
Island Madness by Tim Binding Picador, pounds 15.99, 360pp; Adam Newey uncovers a bedroom farce when Jerry comes to Guernsey
01 December 1997 12:02 AM
Robert Frost has passed into the poetic pantheon as the apotheosis of Yankee values: crustily cynical and dry, but with long roots in a source of homespun wisdom earthed deep in the landscape of the American north- east. Frost himself, during his long career, did much to propagate the myth. Here, three major poets set out to reclaim his work from the grasp of the authorial persona.
04 October 1997 12:02 AM
Forget Dr Strangelove: the real-life records of our narrowest escape make for explosive reading. Adam Newey reports; One Hell of a Gamble: the secret history of the Cuban missile crisis by Aleksandr Fursenko and Timothy Naftali John Murray, pounds 25 The Kennedy Tapes : inside the White House during the Cuban missile crisis edited by Ernest R May and Philip D Zelikow Harvard University Press, pounds 23.50
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
- 3 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 4 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 5 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
Day In a Page