Adrian Mourby is an award-winning writer and producer. He is also an international correspondent for Opera Now magazine and a regular contributor to The Independent on Sunday's travel section.
27 July 2014 12:00 AM
25 April 2014 09:45 AM
A visit to the Greek capital is a chance to relive the Classical past –and to enjoy the city's more contemporary attractions, says Adrian Mourby
01 March 2014 05:26 PM
Heritage is everywhere you go in this city – which has begun 12 months of cultural celebration, says Adrian Mourby
14 December 2013 06:00 PM
This handsome university city is undergoing a modern makeover, as Adrian Mourby discovers
30 November 2013 08:12 PM
Adrian Mourby takes in Christmas markets with a gulp of glühwein and a dash of history
01 November 2013 03:00 PM
This New England town is celebrated for more than just a pizzeria, says Adrian Mourby
12 October 2013 12:00 AM
The Red Star Line Museum, Belgium's transatlantic landmark, charts the history of emigration to America
03 August 2013 06:00 PM
The vineyards of this volcanic island use innovative farming methods to overcome the harsh environment. Adrian Mourby follows a new trail to discover winemaking's emerging stars
20 July 2013 07:50 PM
It's Wagner's bicentenary and there's a new 'Ring' in the wings. But can the festival shrug off its history, asks Adrian Mourby
20 July 2013 12:00 AM
Richard Wagner's festival city sings with dramatic history, says Adrian Mourby
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now