Alannah is a third-year History student at the University of Liverpool. She is originally from Brighton and hopes to one day work in magazines. She enjoys writing, travelling and wearing berets, and speaks moderately comprehensible Spanish.
04 June 2014 11:24 AM
For culture - Riga, Latvia
28 May 2014 12:46 PM
What’s the big draw?
03 April 2014 11:37 AM
Easter is fast approaching and every student’s and soon-to-be graduate’s thoughts will soon be turning to summer. Are you trying to plan the holiday of a lifetime, but your overdraft just isn’t stretching far enough? Well, it’s not too late to earn some extra cash before the semester ends. Taking on a job at a bar or in retail can be hard to fit around a busy season of essay deadlines and revision, but there are various other ways to make money at university that offer flexibility for when you need to pull an all-nighter in the library.
18 February 2014 12:30 PM
BBC Three’s recent six-part documentary follows the lives of six new graduates embarking on their first teaching job. The premise seems like simple enough, if not slightly tame for a channel more known for highlighting the wilder side of modern youth on Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents than promoting graduate recruitment. However, as each episode’s introduction notes, “there is a catch – they’ve only had six weeks of teacher training before being unleashed on the kids.”
20 January 2014 03:28 PM
You'd never pretend that exams are fun, but that doesn't mean that the entire process has to be horrible
04 December 2013 05:00 PM
Liverpool occupation the latest in a rash of student actions
01 November 2013 11:01 AM
Because you're never going to spend all that time reading, are you?
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations