Alex Jackson is a final year undergraduate student studying English Literature at The University of York, where he is deputy editor for one of the student papers.
30 August 2013 03:12 PM
Hints and tips for your first term of freshers from a fully fledged graduate
13 May 2013 12:50 PM
The NUS has released a damning report following their latest student demonstrations in London last November.
05 April 2013 10:37 AM
Iain Duncan Smith has been lambasted for suggesting it's possible to live in £53 per week. If he wants a real challenge, suggests Alex Jackson, he should try surviving on just a student loan
27 March 2013 07:12 PM
Broadband internet speeds vary dramatically even within the same city, a report shows.
25 March 2013 03:26 PM
Police were surprised it hadn't already detonated
22 March 2013 03:49 PM
He's known for jumping into pipes and climbing up mysterious ladders to new and exciting lands, but Mario's next mission may take him underground.
22 March 2013 12:58 PM
George Osborne's arrival on the site was greeted with a flood of invective
20 March 2013 03:07 PM
A younger generation, for whom the Iraq War was a first engagement with world issues, are becoming part of the electorate
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans