Alex Niven grew up in Northumberland and currently lives in East London. In 2011 his first book Folk Opposition, an essay about David Cameron, nu-folk pop music, and the recent history of Newcastle United, was published by Zero Books. His second book, a study of Oasis's Definitely Maybe, will be published by Bloomsbury in May 2014.
- 1 Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told 'the non-Jews' are 'evil' in worksheet produced by London school
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 4 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis