Alex Taylor is a freelance journalist with an interest in current affairs, social issues and the arts. He has an MA in Newspaper Journalism from City University London, and also currently advises the NSPCC as a young ambassador for disability.
18 July 2014 03:56 PM
Their World Cup victory has a resonance beyond just football
05 December 2013 06:03 PM
In a world dominated by tax avoiding shopping behemoths and faceless super chains, it’s nice to experience some interaction with stall owners
07 October 2013 12:00 AM
05 October 2013 12:00 AM
I liked The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency. Is there a new one coming out?
25 September 2013 04:04 PM
Grand Theft Auto is a razor sharp satire of modern American culture
13 September 2013 03:24 PM
Trying to shock audiences at award shows isn't anything new - but this time it's moved into mocking territory
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more