Alex Taylor is a freelance journalist with an interest in current affairs, social issues and the arts. He has an MA in Newspaper Journalism from City University London, and also currently advises the NSPCC as a young ambassador for disability.
18 July 2014 03:56 PM
Their World Cup victory has a resonance beyond just football
05 December 2013 06:03 PM
In a world dominated by tax avoiding shopping behemoths and faceless super chains, it’s nice to experience some interaction with stall owners
07 October 2013 12:00 AM
05 October 2013 12:00 AM
I liked The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency. Is there a new one coming out?
25 September 2013 04:04 PM
Grand Theft Auto is a razor sharp satire of modern American culture
13 September 2013 03:24 PM
Trying to shock audiences at award shows isn't anything new - but this time it's moved into mocking territory
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says