Alexander Fury is a fashion journalist, author and critic. He is fashion editor of the Independent, i and the Independent on Sunday newspapers and was awarded the inaugural Editorial Intelligence Award for Fashion Commentator of the Year 2014-15. He was named one of InStyle magazine's 20 most powerful people in fashion in 2015.
11 June 2015 09:00 PM
07 June 2015 03:25 PM
With incessantly rising and falling stock markets and civil unrest, these are uncertain times
07 June 2015 03:05 PM
Pre-collections allow fashion's biggest brands them to make a bigger splash with wealthy customers – but is it all just a confidence trick?
04 June 2015 06:25 PM
The Italian luxury label joins the phenomenon of the pre-collection and presents a show with "realistic" clothes in New York
31 May 2015 09:53 PM
There’s something of a Cher moment generally happening across fashion
31 May 2015 08:56 PM
Harris's work helped to cement Beatlemania in the popular consciousness
31 May 2015 05:15 PM
Fashion’s fandango with dance isn’t a mere one-season wonder
29 May 2015 12:00 AM
24 May 2015 08:15 PM
Is it because we always want what we can't have?
22 May 2015 05:07 PM
The London duo were announced as the winners of the prize today.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train