Alexander Fury is Fashion Editor of The Independent.
07 September 2014 05:16 PM
This souped-up sports stuff isn't just what Wang and his customers want, it’s what the designer is genuinely good at
New York Fashion Week 2014: Fashion like a frozen lasagne: Too many New York designers stick to tried and tested recipes that lack spice and originality
07 September 2014 12:00 AM
06 September 2014 12:10 AM
This collection was American to the core, boldly and proudly referencing American sportswear
31 August 2014 09:18 PM
Among fashion’s flotsam and jetsam, which names really make the difference?
31 August 2014 12:00 AM
30 August 2014 12:00 AM
The fashion house celebrated fifteen years of the punchy pouch with a weighty tome and two new versions of the classic Baguette
From Dior's embroidered trainers to Moschino's French fries iPhone case, designer statement accessories for autumn/winter
26 August 2014 12:07 PM
Milk-carton bags, embroidered trainers, and French fries for your phone. Autumn/winter 2014 has thrown up some seriously skewed statements on the accessories front. Alexander Fury highlights the most covetable pieces from this season's odd squad
26 August 2014 11:48 AM
September issues have seen the biggest editions in history, but they're all stuffed with advertising
24 August 2014 07:50 PM
23 August 2014 12:00 AM
The London's museum has delved into its archives to stage a far-reaching retrospective celebrating the photographer's six decades of creativity
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters