Alexander Fury is Fashion Editor of The Independent.
18 May 2014 04:52 PM
Pre-collections – clothes shown and sold between the main fashion seasons – used to be nothing more than ‘suitcase stuffing’ in the style stakes. Today, with lavish shows and huge budgets, they’re designers’ cash cows
18 May 2014 11:07 AM
From Alexander McQueen to Mary Katrantzou, Wilson's tutelage was fundamental to moulding the current wave of London-educated designers
11 May 2014 08:23 PM
We’re used to the shifting ideals of the female body shape, but now it seems the male model’s physique can be as varied as the clothes he wears. Alexander Fury looks at the changing male aesthetic
10 May 2014 12:00 AM
06 May 2014 07:04 PM
04 May 2014 06:48 PM
With models aged seven to 70 taking to the catwalk and retouching being flushed out of magazines, contemporary fashion is applauding the normal and natural.
Charles James is the lost genius who shall finally go to the ball as a new exhibition celebrating his work opens
04 May 2014 06:41 PM
A new exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art “Charles James: Beyond Fashion” will be opening tonight
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair