Alexander Fury is Fashion Editor of The Independent.
11 May 2014 08:23 PM
We’re used to the shifting ideals of the female body shape, but now it seems the male model’s physique can be as varied as the clothes he wears. Alexander Fury looks at the changing male aesthetic
10 May 2014 12:00 AM
06 May 2014 07:04 PM
04 May 2014 06:48 PM
With models aged seven to 70 taking to the catwalk and retouching being flushed out of magazines, contemporary fashion is applauding the normal and natural.
Charles James is the lost genius who shall finally go to the ball as a new exhibition celebrating his work opens
04 May 2014 06:41 PM
A new exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art “Charles James: Beyond Fashion” will be opening tonight
A celebrity appearance on the red carpet is all about branding and making money - courtesy of some ridiculous posing
01 May 2014 10:00 PM
Alexander McQueen coming home to the V&A museum with critically acclaimed 'Savage Beauty' exhibition
24 April 2014 09:34 PM
The retrospective of the work of the late British fashion designer ran at New York’s Met in 2011
23 April 2014 12:00 AM
The duo behind Asos and Achica have launched a new venture, AstarPets.com, offering haute couture to help make furry companions fashionable. Cat Kidston or Vivienne Westie, anyone?
20 April 2014 12:01 AM
British label Mulberry once cornered the middle market in desirable bags. But its decision to go for the super-rich has backfired in dramatic fashion
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines