The writer is a Chartered Accountant and former Conservative parliamentary candidate. www.contrarianprize.com
23 May 2013 04:27 PM
There is a disconnect between community ‘elders’ and a younger generation
21 February 2013 02:08 PM
In a world where those who never dare to question the status quo seem to prosper most, the Contrarian Prize recognises this nation's heroes of conscience
27 November 2012 01:08 PM
Our writer, who set up the Contrarian Prize to recognise politicians of courage and conviction, says the demand for such people in public life is greater than ever
16 September 2012 05:24 PM
Never before has the gulf between what the public want from politicians and what the public get been so wide. A bold new prize addresses that challenge
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness