The writer is a Chartered Accountant and former Conservative parliamentary candidate. www.contrarianprize.com
23 May 2013 04:27 PM
There is a disconnect between community ‘elders’ and a younger generation
21 February 2013 02:08 PM
In a world where those who never dare to question the status quo seem to prosper most, the Contrarian Prize recognises this nation's heroes of conscience
27 November 2012 01:08 PM
Our writer, who set up the Contrarian Prize to recognise politicians of courage and conviction, says the demand for such people in public life is greater than ever
16 September 2012 05:24 PM
Never before has the gulf between what the public want from politicians and what the public get been so wide. A bold new prize addresses that challenge
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'naked pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death