Alice-Azania Jarvis is a feature writer for The Independent
11 September 2014 11:30 PM
21 August 2014 11:00 PM
BKS Iyengar, one of the founders of modern yoga, has died at the age of 95. Yoga is practised by millions around the world, but modern yoga is markedly removed from the discipline of Iyengar's heyday
24 July 2014 10:30 PM
Think outside the cool box for this summer's tempting frozen treats
12 July 2014 12:00 AM
Many women, of all sizes, live in a state of perpetual anxiety about their food consumption. Does the same fate await Britain's men?
26 June 2014 08:50 PM
25 June 2014 12:00 AM
12 June 2014 11:15 PM
Independent Appeal: Working with terminally ill children is Lucy's dream job – but it takes its toll
06 January 2012 12:00 AM
How do Rainbow Trust's carers cope with the traumas they face? Alice-Azania Jarvis finds out
05 January 2012 12:00 AM
1. Q2 Wi-fi Internet
04 January 2012 12:00 AM
Alice-Azania Jarvis reports on a project that helps social workers decode youth culture
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition