Alice Jones is Deputy Arts Editor of The Independent.
19 September 2014 06:06 PM
As the response to the Manchester Dogs' Home has proven, we're still a generous nation, despite what the critics say
12 September 2014 05:53 PM
My generation seems to measure out its life in new smartphone releases
12 September 2014 05:00 PM
Scherfig’s Oxford feels as authentic as Woody Allen’s London – ie not at all
05 September 2014 05:15 PM
"My face has been tucked in more than a bedsheet at the Holiday Inn"
04 September 2014 05:40 PM
The 55-year-old launches new stand-up night for 'the been there, done that, got the mortgage' generation
29 August 2014 05:45 PM
(Send your answer to the dolts at Better Together)
21 August 2014 03:44 PM
Comedy Award judge Alice Jones profiles this year's nominees
21 August 2014 03:17 PM
Edinburgh Festival 2014: The show picks up where last year's What Would Beyonce Do left off
20 August 2014 03:18 PM
They are the kind of comedy shows to make timid audience members yearn for the days when interaction meant a bit of banter about their hometown or haircut; the kind which elevate mocking the crowd into an artform, and come with a delirium-inducing dose of fear that it could be you.
Tim Vine, winner of the Funniest Joke of the Fringe award: 'making a quip as funny as possible is an art'
19 August 2014 07:29 PM
Writing one-liners is a serious business.
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Parma, Missouri: 80 per cent of town's police quit after first black mayor is elected
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Google search history can now be downloaded in its entirety, mass embarrassment expected