Alice Jones is Deputy Arts Editor of The Independent.
19 August 2014 04:08 PM
Edinburgh Festival 2014: It will not be long before Baptiste is on Mock the Week or similar
18 August 2014 08:04 PM
Television's retired attack dog spins a silver wheel in theatrical production
18 August 2014 03:00 PM
Alice Jones has noticed odd clusters of former careers among comedians
18 August 2014 09:51 AM
Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2014: 'This is Pascoe at her peak'
Sirens, Summerhall and Travesti, Pleasance Dome, reviews: 'Feminism is clearly having a moment in the limelight'
18 August 2014 09:41 AM
Edinburgh Festival 2014: 'Two shows tackle the question of what it's like to be a woman in oddly similar style'
16 August 2014 12:31 AM
'My dad's a proper family man... he’s got three of them'
15 August 2014 07:30 PM
More often than not, killing a show off early is the kindest thing you can do
15 August 2014 05:29 PM
Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2014: Wu won't be playing small rooms for long
Mr Swallow - The Musical, Pleasance Dome, review: 'Heroically ambitious and brilliantly entertaining'
13 August 2014 04:18 PM
Edinburgh Festival 2014: Mr Swallow is a quite hilarious creation
Julie Burchill: Absolute Cult, Gilded Balloon, comedy review: 'What is not clear is who Tim Fountain imagines might be interested'
12 August 2014 04:17 PM
Edinburgh Festival 2014: It's clear why this play is not approved by Burchill
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats