Alistair Dawber is The Independent’s Jerusalem correspondent. The paper’s former foreign editor and deputy foreign editor, Alistair joined The Independent in 2008 as a business correspondent. He is a Liverpool fan, in exile
16 November 2014 12:00 AM
12 November 2014 04:06 PM
Political decision-making in Madrid – or a lack of it – has created a mess
02 November 2014 09:28 PM
Ugandan president Yoweri Museveni is increasingly seen as an anti-Western
15 October 2014 06:33 PM
Sir Alan described Israeli settlement building as an ‘ever-deepening stain on the face of the globe’
14 October 2014 06:43 PM
Former Tory minister also describes Israel's actions as akin to 'apartheid'
16 August 2014 12:00 AM
12 June 2014 12:00 AM
It’s back! For decades a huge Tio Pepe advertising sign hung over Madrid’s central Puerta del Sol until 2011 when, to the dismay of many Madrileños, it was taken down at the request of the new owners’ of the building it was attached to as part of a renovation effort. They subsequently decided the 78-foot-long illuminated sign did not suit their tastes.
21 May 2014 12:00 AM
Will it be Cibeles or Neptuno? By Saturday evening one of the fountains that dissect Madrid’s main thoroughfare, the Castellana, will be packed with fans of either Real or Atletico.
10 April 2014 05:03 PM
This excellent account charts the highs and lows of the working classes
04 March 2014 12:01 AM
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'