Alistair Dawber is The Independent's Spain correspondent. He has twice been the foreign editor and was also Jerusalem correspondent. Alistair initially worked on the business desk as investment editor.
16 November 2014 12:00 AM
12 November 2014 04:06 PM
Political decision-making in Madrid – or a lack of it – has created a mess
02 November 2014 09:28 PM
Ugandan president Yoweri Museveni is increasingly seen as an anti-Western
15 October 2014 06:33 PM
Sir Alan described Israeli settlement building as an ‘ever-deepening stain on the face of the globe’
14 October 2014 06:43 PM
Former Tory minister also describes Israel's actions as akin to 'apartheid'
16 August 2014 12:00 AM
12 June 2014 12:00 AM
It’s back! For decades a huge Tio Pepe advertising sign hung over Madrid’s central Puerta del Sol until 2011 when, to the dismay of many Madrileños, it was taken down at the request of the new owners’ of the building it was attached to as part of a renovation effort. They subsequently decided the 78-foot-long illuminated sign did not suit their tastes.
21 May 2014 12:00 AM
Will it be Cibeles or Neptuno? By Saturday evening one of the fountains that dissect Madrid’s main thoroughfare, the Castellana, will be packed with fans of either Real or Atletico.
10 April 2014 05:03 PM
This excellent account charts the highs and lows of the working classes
04 March 2014 12:01 AM
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds