The Independent's Asia Correspondent Andrew Buncombe is based in Delhi. His dominion ranges over India, Pakistan, Burma, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, occasionally parts of South East Asia and - or at least he is hoping - The Maldives.
20 May 2014 07:37 AM
Move follows months of protests that have paralysed the caretaker government
India election results 2014: Hero's welcome for Narendra Modi as thousands greet next prime minister on victory tour
17 May 2014 08:59 AM
India's next Prime Minister is in Delhi to form his new government
16 May 2014 06:27 PM
16 May 2014 09:12 AM
The leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party looks set to become India's next prime minister. So what can he do for the country and where will it stand as a world power?
16 May 2014 06:59 AM
Rahul Gandhi, who headed the ruling Congress party’s campaign, is fighting to hold onto his own seat in the Uttar Pradesh district of Amethi
15 May 2014 04:22 PM
Statement comes after three protesters killed by unidentified gunmen close to Bangkok’s Democracy Monument
Thailand: Three killed and Prime Minister forced to flee in Bangkok as country edges closer to chaos
15 May 2014 08:41 AM
Acting Prime Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan had been attending a meeting with election officials when protesters broke into the venue
14 May 2014 10:42 AM
Letter from Asia: The stalemate that leaves Thailand’s future looking increasingly hopeless
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 4 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation