Andrew Chadwick is Professor of Political Science and Founding Director of the New Political Communication Unit in the Department of Politics and International Relations at Royal Holloway, University of London. His latest book 'The Hybrid Media System: Politics and Power' will be published by Oxford University Press in 2013. He has recently started a new research project examining the democratic implications of the new forms of political activism that combine “lifestyle” celebrities with distributed networks of engagement.
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks