Andrew Grice has been Political Editor of The Independent since 1998. He was previously Political Editor of The Sunday Times, where he worked for 10 years, and he has been a Westminster-based journalist since 1982. His column, Inside Politics, appears in The Independent each Saturday.
03 September 2015 12:00 AM
Exclusive: Mr Burnham insists he is the only other candidate who can win
30 August 2015 06:37 PM
Committee will consider whether to look into body's stance on openness
Migrant crisis: Yvette Cooper to put forward 'humane' asylum policy to counter Government's 'dishonest' immigration targets
29 August 2015 12:10 AM
The shadow Home Secretary will pledge a wholesale review of asylum policy
28 August 2015 08:55 PM
She said she wanted to be remembered as 'St Teresa of the menopause'
28 August 2015 03:40 PM
Age is now more likely to determine how you vote than social class
27 August 2015 07:36 PM
'Ambition' of the Government is to cut net immigration to under 100,000 a year
27 August 2015 07:25 PM
This year the UN warned of killings, sexual slavery and forced labour in Eritrea
27 August 2015 06:14 PM
The DWP was forced to disclose the figures after an FOI request
25 August 2015 08:00 PM
Exclusive: Report points out 364 of the 650 seats in the Commons are 'safe'
25 August 2015 07:13 PM
Acting leader Harriet Harman has failed to reassure the left-winger's opponents
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train