Andrew Grice has been Political Editor of The Independent since 1998. He was previously Political Editor of The Sunday Times, where he worked for 10 years, and he has been a Westminster-based journalist since 1982. His column, Inside Politics, appears in The Independent each Saturday.
09 December 2014 06:08 PM
“It is in my heart that I believe most strongly that our future is within a reformed EU"
09 December 2014 12:00 AM
Labour had lost most of the voters it was going to lose in 2010
08 December 2014 10:31 PM
Ex-minister who famously took 'cash for questions' could run in South Basildon and East Thurrock
08 December 2014 12:00 AM
Former minister wants Labour to be nicer to bosses
06 December 2014 12:00 AM
£22bn of £26bn made from benefit reforms taken from women
05 December 2014 07:08 PM
04 December 2014 07:26 PM
Cable regards cuts plans as unrealistic
03 December 2014 07:08 PM
The deficit - which he promised would be halved by now - looms large in Chancellor's spending plans
02 December 2014 02:01 PM
Here are some of the accounting tricks the Chancellor might try and pull
02 December 2014 12:00 AM
Project aims to prevent £30bn in economic damage
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
The open loathing between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu just got worse
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'