Journalist and novelist Andrew Martin is the author of the 'Jim Stringer' series of novels based around railways. He has written for the Independent on Sunday, the Evening Standard, the Sunday Times and the New Statesman among others.
22 March 2015 12:00 AM
How people changed babies' nappies before wet wipes I dread to think
08 February 2015 12:00 AM
A modern private school is like a reality TV show, with deep scrutiny and instant judgements. Something Myleene Klass can surely understand
04 January 2015 12:00 AM
07 December 2014 12:00 AM
30 November 2014 12:00 AM
North Korea: News that Kim Jong-un has gout is no laughing matter. He does have a nuclear arsenal, remember
12 October 2014 12:00 AM
28 September 2014 12:00 AM
24 August 2014 12:00 AM
17 August 2014 12:00 AM
13 July 2014 12:00 AM
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach