Andy Atkins is Executive Director of leading environment charity Friends of the Earth. Andy was previously Policy and Campaigns Director at relief and development agency Tearfund. He was part of the original group of charity campaigners who started the high profile Make Poverty History campaign in 2005. He initiated Tearfund’s work on climate change which led it to become the first major UK development agency to launch successful campaigns on climate change as a ‘poverty’ issue.
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness