Andy Atkins is Executive Director of leading environment charity Friends of the Earth. Andy was previously Policy and Campaigns Director at relief and development agency Tearfund. He was part of the original group of charity campaigners who started the high profile Make Poverty History campaign in 2005. He initiated Tearfund’s work on climate change which led it to become the first major UK development agency to launch successful campaigns on climate change as a ‘poverty’ issue.
03 June 2013 07:15 AM
Despite all the disappointments, Lib Dems have an opportunity to redeem their green credentials on June 4th. The director of Friends of the Earth asks if they'll seize it
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 Mystery of the Siberian holes at the end of the world 'solved': Scientists offer explanation
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Sean Hannity reacts to Russell Brand's Israel-Gaza criticism: 'You're a dumb actor known for your failed marriage to Katy Perry'
- < Previous
- Next >