Andy Gill is The Independent's Music Critic.
09 August 2014 12:00 AM
Kate Bush last toured in 1979, so her new shows, which begin this month, are hugely anticipated – and shrouded in mystery
11 July 2014 07:00 AM
“The older generation have tried, sighed and died, which pushes me to their place in the queue,” notes Morrissey with customary wry mordancy in “Oboe Concerto”, the concluding track of World Peace Is None of Your Business.
03 July 2014 02:53 PM
WHEN ASKED, SHORTLY after the death of his only client Elvis Presley, what he would do now, "Colonel" Tom Parker was brutally sanguine. "Why, I'll go right on managing him," he replied, doubtless secure in the knowledge that he would be earning more in the future than he had during the star's declining years. As showbiz cynics were quick to acknowledge, Presley's death was a great career move, revitalising a brand that has continued to generate more income since his death than prior to it.
07 June 2014 12:00 AM
Jack White Lazaretto (Third Man)
Album reviews: Kasabian, Parquet Courts, Martin & Eliza Carthy, Holland Dozier Holland, Ethan Johns, James
31 May 2014 12:00 AM
Kasabian 48.13 (Columbia)
16 May 2014 01:07 PM
28 April 2014 10:13 AM
Albarn's new release is his most personal and revealing album to date
27 April 2014 05:46 PM
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia