Andy Martin teaches French at Cambridge University and is the author of The Boxer and the Goalkeeper: Sartre vs Camus
28 April 2012 12:00 AM
A novelist captures all the glamour, and terror, of the sea
21 December 2011 12:00 AM
ASP attempts to clean up sport's image to keep sponsors happy by bringing in random tests
26 September 2011 12:25 PM
‘New York Surfing’. Come again? It sounds like an oxymoron – on a par with ‘Antarctic agriculture’ – or some absurd Zen koan designed to blow the mind.
06 February 2005 12:02 AM
22 August 1999 12:02 AM
14 February 1999 12:02 AM
13 June 1998 12:02 AM
25 May 1998 12:02 AM
16 January 1998 12:02 AM
Surfing: My claim to free cocaine was based on Walrus' belief that I ha d starred in the film of Scarface
10 January 1998 12:02 AM
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Refugees welcome: More than 250,000 sign Independent petition calling for Britain to 'take its fair share'
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan