Anna Nathanson is a freelance journalist with an interest in social issues and music. She covers a wide range of topics, including the care system, gun crime, child sex abuse, women's interest, LGBT issues and racism. Anna also has a strong background in the entertainment industry, which includes several years working at BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra, and interviews with artists such as Nas, Jessie J, Usher, Lianne La Havas and Plan B, for outlets including MTV and the Huffington Post. www.annanathanson.tumblr.com
17 October 2012 01:13 PM
If abuse survivors don't feel comfortable talking openly about their experiences, we're adding unnecessary shame to all the trauma they've already suffered
19 July 2012 03:14 PM
This week The Voice, Britain’s biggest and longest running Black newspaper, became the subject of headlines itself after their request to access the Olympic Games was denied.
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo