Archie Bland joined the Independent in 2008. After stints as foreign editor, Saturday editor and deputy editor, he was appointed as senior writer in 2013.
Is there still a future for space tourism ... and will Stornoway be home to Europe's first spaceport?
08 November 2014 12:00 AM
24 October 2014 11:24 AM
A Georgian gem that beds you in like a local
14 September 2014 12:00 AM
Who does the PM think he’s talking to? An unwitting imperialist tone from Westminster plays right into the hands of the nationalists
07 September 2014 12:00 AM
06 September 2014 12:00 AM
04 September 2014 12:33 PM
In July 2011, Jeremy Clarkson used his column in the Sunday Times to answer the suggestion that there was something sleazy about the so-called ‘Chipping Norton set’, a circle of friends in Oxfordshire who happened to include in their number Rebekah Brooks and David Cameron.
The model for a gadget launch: Cultivate an atmosphere of mystery and excitement to sell stuff people didn't realise they needed
31 August 2014 12:00 AM
27 August 2014 05:36 PM
A generational divide has cut a sharp swathe through the population
24 August 2014 12:00 AM
20 August 2014 04:37 PM
We should neither look at nor share the images of his death, but remember the pictures he took of others
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London