Archie Bland joined the Independent in 2008. After stints as foreign editor, Saturday editor and deputy editor, he was appointed as senior writer in 2013.
27 June 2013 11:28 AM
The £10 Byron burger scandal rages on, but if we remove the bun and parse the gherkin on this whopper of a news story, what, exactly, is a Spending Review burger?
25 June 2013 05:21 PM
What fresh information did Jim Carrey glean from the massacre at Sandy Hook that wasn’t already available to anyone who was paying attention?
11 June 2013 05:55 PM
The new GCSEs sever all remaining ties with adolescence for late twentysomethings
09 June 2013 05:54 PM
The education minister's proposal is insulting to children and demonstrates a profoundly anti-intellectual contempt for the teaching profession
04 June 2013 05:43 PM
What planet are the Lords on? A look at the Hansard report shows how those who would vote to kill the bill have done serious damage to their beloved institution
21 May 2013 06:01 PM
Why are journalists worthier of suspicion than people who want to hide things?
14 May 2013 06:37 PM
What we heard was the rare sound of an interviewee unpractised in dissembling
07 May 2013 05:52 PM
We love the idea that the degree system misses our unique gifts
30 April 2013 06:52 PM
Hunter’s vocabulary is an attempt to disarm a word designed to hurt him
23 April 2013 06:18 PM
Puritans should chill out. These words derive power from their taboo status
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend