Ashley is a digital journalist studying an Interactive Journalism MA at City University, on the Guardian’s Scott Trust Bursary. As well as The Independent, he has also written for the Guardian, Metro and the Birmingham Mail.
21 February 2014 12:38 PM
Two students remain suspended
29 December 2013 12:00 AM
Polluted sites could go untreated as cash-strapped councils have to foot the bill to investigate possible contamination
22 December 2013 12:00 AM
Campaign group warns that if rebel forces capture the country's assets, they could 'hold the government to ransom'
17 December 2013 03:12 PM
It can cost up to twice as much to study in London as it does Edinburgh, according to new research
14 December 2013 11:59 AM
A car bomb has exploded in the Malian town of Kidal, killing at least two UN peacekeepers.
13 December 2013 03:53 PM
Universities UK guidance had been labelled as the “legitimisation of sex apartheid”
11 December 2013 04:06 PM
Protesters concerned that Universities UK condones separation by gender at certain religious events
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 4 The most powerful passports in the world
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years