Aurelien Mondon is a Lecturer in French Studies at the University of Bath and a co-founder of the Open Café in Bath. His research interests lie primarily in the recent mainstreaming of the extreme right, and the impact of neo-racist and right-wing populist discourse on liberal democracies. His first book, 'Mainstreaming the Extreme Right in France and Australia: A Populist Hegemony?' will be published in February 2013 by Ashgate.
The far right in France is now mainstream, and the French only have themselves (and Sarkozy) to blame
11 February 2013 05:54 PM
The results of a poll published recently by Le Monde - and demonstrating a marked swing to the far right - might be worrying, but they're hardly a surprise
12 October 2012 05:19 PM
Julia Gillard's speech this week has turned the leader of Austrailia's Liberal Party into a feminist bete noire. But does Abbot's real record support Gillard's accusations?
27 September 2012 01:36 PM
The "anti-white racism" debate is another example of France's centre right embracing the rhetoric of the far right. Marine Le Pen's time has come and she knows it.
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 3 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 4 Bahar Mustafa: Goldsmiths Students' Union diversity officer to keep her job after vote of no confidence petition fails
- 5 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral