Aurelien Mondon is a Lecturer in French Studies at the University of Bath and a co-founder of the Open Café in Bath. His research interests lie primarily in the recent mainstreaming of the extreme right, and the impact of neo-racist and right-wing populist discourse on liberal democracies. His first book, 'Mainstreaming the Extreme Right in France and Australia: A Populist Hegemony?' will be published in February 2013 by Ashgate.
The far right in France is now mainstream, and the French only have themselves (and Sarkozy) to blame
11 February 2013 05:54 PM
The results of a poll published recently by Le Monde - and demonstrating a marked swing to the far right - might be worrying, but they're hardly a surprise
12 October 2012 05:19 PM
Julia Gillard's speech this week has turned the leader of Austrailia's Liberal Party into a feminist bete noire. But does Abbot's real record support Gillard's accusations?
27 September 2012 01:36 PM
The "anti-white racism" debate is another example of France's centre right embracing the rhetoric of the far right. Marine Le Pen's time has come and she knows it.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster