Ben Chu is The Independent's Economics Editor. Previously he was the newspaper's chief leader writer.
22 August 2013 12:00 AM
The outlook for the battered manufacturing sector is brightening according to the latest survey by the Confederation of British Industry.
21 August 2013 11:56 AM
Rare July deficit raises doubts about the Coalition's progress in tackling the black hole in Britain's finances
20 August 2013 06:53 PM
Male managers tend to give others in the boys’ club large rewards
20 August 2013 12:43 AM
The rupee was routed yesterday, as traders placed bets that the Indian currency would continue to slide in value against the US dollar.
20 August 2013 12:39 AM
Are housebuilders a hindrance rather than a help in solving Britain’s chronic housing shortage?
20 August 2013 12:37 AM
Tourists are beginning to return to Greece, offering some much-needed support for the battered eurozone economy.
15 August 2013 11:51 PM
A surge in retail sales in July has bolstered the City's confidence in the British recovery and cast more doubt over the credibility of the Bank of England's pledge to keep interest rates down for three years.
15 August 2013 12:00 AM
... but it would be dangerous to assume that the eurozone's troubles are now all in the past
13 August 2013 06:17 PM
We have accepted hits to our incomes as the price of keeping our jobs
09 August 2013 12:00 AM
Mark Carney yesterday promised that he would heed the lessons of Japan's long stagnation and would not withdraw stimulus from the UK economy too quickly.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Is Facebook making us forget? Study shows that taking pictures ruin memories
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding