Ben Chu is The Independent's Deputy Business Editor and economics writer. Previously he was the newspaper's chief leader writer.
25 June 2015 01:31 AM
24 June 2015 05:45 AM
Britain’s manufacturers are still struggling to increase their exports, the latest Industrial Trends Survey from the CBI has confirmed.
24 June 2015 01:48 AM
Chairman of Treasury Select Committee says longer deferral period necessary
23 June 2015 07:25 PM
The country's concessions do not necessarily mean it won't default
23 June 2015 03:45 AM
The Beijing authorities are extolling start-ups and even universities are focusing on the power of the individual. Ben Chu reports on the revolution
23 June 2015 12:01 AM
However there is still no certainty of a deal as creditors check the Greek offer adds up
22 June 2015 12:01 AM
If Greece embraces default and exits the single currency it would cause immediate and severe economic pain
20 June 2015 12:49 AM
Mr Tsipras suggests his country has other financial options outside Europe
18 June 2015 09:18 PM
No agreement at eurozone talks as critical deadline looms
18 June 2015 01:31 AM
Exclusive: Governor backed Tory plans to sell shares without taking proposals to key committees
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 If men are so obsessed by their genitals, why do they clam up when confronted with the grisly realities of sex?