Ben Chu is The Independent's Economics Editor. Previously he was the newspaper's chief leader writer.
09 May 2014 12:00 AM
07 May 2014 12:26 AM
'Overvalued' house prices 'must be dampened'
01 May 2014 12:34 AM
Stricken lender considers actions against ex-bosses, JPMorgan and KPMG
30 April 2014 12:00 AM
29 April 2014 12:55 PM
25 April 2014 04:57 PM
New group wants to revolutionise the way economics is taught throughout the world
24 April 2014 12:00 AM
Self-employment has exploded since the financial crisis. Ben Chu examines the causes and the implications of this workplace revolution
Ben Chu: So real pay is rising for the first time in years? Here's how to figure out who's really better off
17 April 2014 12:00 AM
Economic View: It is premature to herald a pay recovery based on a single month's figures
17 April 2014 12:00 AM
A big fall in unemployment sent the pound up against the dollar yesterday and prompted traders to place bets on an earlier rise in interest rates from the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee.
16 April 2014 02:02 PM
China's economy slowed to its weakest pace of expansion in six quarters in the first three months of this year but growth was still slightly above market expectations.
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence