Ben Chu is The Independent's Deputy Business Editor and economics writer. Previously he was the newspaper's chief leader writer.
18 June 2015 01:31 AM
Exclusive: Governor backed Tory plans to sell shares without taking proposals to key committees
17 June 2015 07:02 PM
Athens could impose capital controls, limiting the amount that savers can withdraw from their accounts and curbing transfers of money overseas
16 June 2015 12:54 AM
The country could become the first to crash out of the Euro
15 June 2015 08:50 PM
The country's room to manoeuvre really is almost gone
13 June 2015 12:41 AM
S&P is the only agency that still has the UK pegged as an AAA borrower
13 June 2015 12:39 AM
Stocks and bonds sold off as EU officials discuss worst-case scenario
12 June 2015 12:01 AM
The president of the European Council has issued a stark warning to Athens that 'there is no more time for gambling'
11 June 2015 09:48 PM
The Chancellor has announced plans to start selling the Government’s stake in RBS - but how exactly did we get to this point?
11 June 2015 09:01 PM
The change underlines how the seismic shift in the global energy markets will affect the UK’s public finances and pose a serious challenge to the SNP
10 June 2015 09:57 PM
Speaking at the annual Mansion House dinner, he unveiled a host of new sanctions and procedures designed to cleanse financial markets
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 100,000 back our campaign
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train