Ben Chu is The Independent's Economics Editor. Previously he was the newspaper's chief leader writer.
23 October 2014 01:10 AM
Economic View: We’re still waiting for the ‘march of the makers’ promised by George Osborne
21 October 2014 10:56 PM
The Coalition’s plan to cut the deficit are in serious trouble, as official figures showed public borrowing over the first half of 2014/15 running a full 10 per cent higher than a year earlier.
21 October 2014 12:02 PM
Chancellor will have less to give away in tax sweeteners before the election
12 October 2014 12:00 AM
05 October 2014 12:00 AM
04 October 2014 12:54 AM
The world’s biggest economy saw the creation of 248,000 new jobs in September
03 October 2014 01:56 PM
Sectors including construction have suffered a slowdown in growth
03 October 2014 01:55 AM
The unemployment rate in the single currency has shot up since 2008 and now stands at 11.5% - almost double the rates in Britain and the US
01 October 2014 12:52 PM
The Markit/CIPS Purchasing Managers’ Index dipped to 51.6 below analysts' expectations
01 October 2014 12:20 PM
The Hollande administration will not impose more cuts to reduce the deficit
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'