Ben Emmerson QC is UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and Counter-Terrorism. He was commissioned by the former Lord Chancellor's Department, the Judicial Studies Board and the Bar Council to devise and deliver compulsory training to judges and barristers on the Human Rights Act 1998 over a two year period between 1998 and 2000.
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet