Ben Emmerson QC is UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and Counter-Terrorism. He was commissioned by the former Lord Chancellor's Department, the Judicial Studies Board and the Bar Council to devise and deliver compulsory training to judges and barristers on the Human Rights Act 1998 over a two year period between 1998 and 2000.
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night