Ben Emmerson QC is UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and Counter-Terrorism. He was commissioned by the former Lord Chancellor's Department, the Judicial Studies Board and the Bar Council to devise and deliver compulsory training to judges and barristers on the Human Rights Act 1998 over a two year period between 1998 and 2000.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail