Ben Mitchell is deputy editor of the cross-party blog Speaker's Chair, and contributing editor of Shifting Grounds.
17 August 2012 08:00 AM
Treatment for cancer sufferers has undergone a "fantastic" improvement with patients being seen more quickly and given wider treatment options, the Health Secretary has said.
07 August 2012 10:12 AM
An elderly woman has died after her car hit another vehicle as she drove on the wrong side of the road, according to police.
15 July 2012 04:54 PM
A woman has died after falling from a cliff while out walking with her husband, according to police.
15 July 2012 02:38 PM
Three people were stabbed after a fight broke out at a dance music concert.
11 July 2012 10:46 AM
The Olympic flame will be carried through two of the country's great cathedral cities today.
10 July 2012 01:24 PM
A 46-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a man whose torso was found wrapped in a bin liner on a popular tourist beach.
06 July 2012 02:25 PM
Police investigating the murder of a man whose torso was found on a popular tourist beach have found a second body part.
06 July 2012 01:45 PM
A wealthy jeweller and his wife who disposed of evidence to help cover up after their jealous son murdered his girlfriend have been jailed for 27 months each.
04 July 2012 02:00 PM
A murder inquiry has been launched after the torso of a man was found wrapped in a black bin liner on a beach.
03 July 2012 12:00 AM
A snowboarding champion has been found hanged at his family home, police said.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now